I figured out while taking a break from work that one could create very rudimentary stop motion videos using Instagram. Having played around with stop motion previously, I couldn't resist. This is my first attempt thus far, but I'm sure I'll try more. I already have a few ideas in mind.
If anyone else would like to try my technique, it's really pretty simple:
1. Set up your phone on a nice steady surface. I leaned my phone against a piece of wood and put it in a silicone case to make it less slippery.
2. Open up the Instagram app and get it ready to take a video.
3. To take each frame, briefly touch the "record" button in the app. If it gives you a "Press and hold to record" error message, try holding the button just a little bit longer. Do your best not to shake the phone while doing this process.
4. Continue doing step 3 until you have 20 frames, which is your maximum.
5. Post to Instagram and share! I like the #instamotion and #stopmotion tags.
I hope you enjoyed my little video. Follow me @beeskneesindustries for more silliness.
Dolly couture by yours truly. Cotton candy made with roving wrapped around cotton swabs with one end cut off.
What will you animate? I'd love to hear your ideas!